MAKE A DIFFERENCE & HAVE FUN
WITH YOUR DAUGHTER & HER FRIENDS!
WHAT DOES A LEADER DO?
- Receive forms and deposit money with the
assistance of the school organizer.
LEAD THE TROOP:
- meet with the school organizer for start-up
- receive free training from Girl Scouts to be
- Someone will need to be certified in CPR
& 1st aid in your troop.
LEADER MEETINGS: Center Grove Service Unit (CGSU) Meetings
- This can be done any way you desire.
You can have co-leaders and various “jobs” for parents (treasurer,
snacks, activities, etc.). Supplies, dues, bank account, troop
communication and troop forms are handled by you and the parent
- You help decide what activities and patches
the troop receives.
- The Girl Scout books provide “recipes” to
follow for the various badges. There are various Service Unit and
Council events that are planned for you and you just show up to have
fun. It’s easy.
RESOURCES/INFORMATION: Lots of ideas/information is easily
found through your school organizer, the CG website, the Council website,
Pathways (activity options), leader meetings/emails, and other
- held 1x/month
- learn about events, share info, have fun, ask
questions, meet new people for “adult” time, etc. Keeps you up to
- Share the responsibility with your
Please contact me if you are interested in being a leader for a
troop. You won’t regret one minute of it!
Denise Roberts, Center Grove Service Unit Chair
865-9573 or Robertsghs@aol.com