September 6, 2012: Center Grove Service Unit Leader meeting
The Center Grove Service Unit meeting was called to order by Victoria Franklin.
PLEDGE OF FRIENDSHIP AND GIRL SCOUT PROMISE: Led by Anna Briggs.
SECRETARY’S REPORT by Julie Mick
A motion to approve August minutes was made by Debbie Thompson. Amy Howell seconded the motion. Remember to find the error in the minutes and attend next month’s meeting for a special drawing.
TREASURER’S REPORT by Laura Stafford
1. CURRENT STATUS as of 8-2-12
Wider OP $1,718.26
A motion to approve Treasurer’s report was made by Debbie Thompson and seconded by Laura Briggs.
REGISTRAR’S REPORT by Jennifer Kolis
· We have 189 girls registered. Our goal is 593! We need to hit at least 50% of our goal by Sept. 30.
· All registration paperwork for 2012-2013 is due to me by September 20, 2012. This includes dues summaries and bank deposit receipts for members you have entered on e-council. If you need assistance entering data on e-council, please contact me by September 10, 2012.
· After September 30, 2012, all registrations from 2011-2012 will be expired. Girls and adults that have not re-registered should not be participating in troop activities after this date until they re-register.
· Troops may register new girls and adults any time during the year. Registration paperwork is due by the 20th of the month to guarantee being activated that month. Any registrations received after that date will be activated the following month. New members may attend 2 meetings before they must register.
· Registration packets and extra forms are available.
· Any questions regarding registration, please email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICE UNIT NEWS
1. REMINDER TO SIGN IN & CHECK TROOP FOLDERS:
DOLLARS: This is fake
money earned for attending service unit meetings to be used at the silent
auction during the Leader dinner in the spring. Fill out and turn into
4. YAHOO GROUP: Any questions or know someone who needs to be added, please contact Julie Ruminer. Her e-mail address is: email@example.com. The loop group e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
shopping- Two leaders frequently
drive by the Girl Scout Showcase. Contact them and they would be happy to
pick something up for you. Debbie Thompson at debbieT.email@example.com or
SERVICE UNIT EVENTS: Information / registration fliers are on CGSU website at www.centergrovegirlscouts.com
1. Next Leader Meeting-Rain or shine! 4th Annual Leader Pitch-in.
Oct. 4th, 7pm at Carmen Dresslar’s house, 5186 W. Stone’s Crossing.
Bring your own camp chair as well as a contribution of
Cadette leaders-cold sides
Senior/Ambassadors- hot sides
2. Troop Needed! If your troop is interested in coordinating the Paoli Ski Trip in January, please contact Victoria Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Fall Product training:
Wed. September 26 at
Please have your Fall Product Sales volunteer attend to learn of changes to the sale this year as well as taste the products. Babysitting is available. Contact Laura Stafford for more information email@example.com.
4. New Leader Training- Leadership Essentials 101 training will be available
here in the area so you don’t need to travel to the Council office.
5. Older Girl movie Night: Friday Oct. 5th from 7-11 pm at Carmen Dressler’s. $4 to register which includes snack & Patch. Open to all Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors. Flyer will be on the website.
6. Sup N Sing. Will be the Last Monday of October or First Monday in November.
Info will be coming very soon from Elizabeth Acker and
7. Mother Daughter
Bunco- Sat. November 17 from 2-4 pm at
$6/ person. For more info, contact Devon Moore. Flyer is on our website. http://centergrovegirlscouts.com/Bunco.htm
8. Pancake event- Lori Veshia and her troop are planning this event. Look for details coming soon.
9. Cookie Rally- Michelle Stauch and her troop 879, have planned this event to be
held Jan. 4th at 6:30 pm at
10. Winter Jamboree: Laura Stafford has graciously volunteered to coordinate this event. More info to follow.
11. Thinking Day-start thinking about Thinking Day now J The date has been set.
Saturday Feb. 23rd from
2-5 pm at
12. Bridging - Barb Yeager’s troop is coordinating this event for the end of the school year. They are planning a small “Girls of Distinction” part to recognize those girls who complete their Bronze Silver or Gold Award. The date and more specific info will be forthcoming.
COUNCIL REPORT by Cheryl Curry
· Any questions/problems: 924-6829 / firstname.lastname@example.org
· 6 Pathways for Girls to be involved as a Girl Scout
4) Series – short term program with a special purpose.
5) Travel – see note below
6) Virtual-currently being developed. Info coming soon.
· Travel pathway
Find out more about the Travel Series by attending an
Informational meeting: Wednesday Sept. 19, 2012, 6:30 pm
For more information and to R.S.V. P. Contact Cheryl Curry.
· Community Service Project: Girl Scouts have partnered with Sigma Gamma Rho to collect socks for the homeless. Bring your sock donations to the Girl Scout Showcase by Sept. 30.
· Fall registration packets- were handed out. Each packet contains…
· Crisis Communication procedures-very important
· Troop annual financial report-start recording all financial data now
· Permission slip for Girl Scout fundraiser programs-one of these must be signed for each girl to participate in the fundraisers.
· Family Giving Campaign – ask families to donate to support all girls everywhere. Even though registration is $12/girl, it costs $176/girl
· Super Troop Guidelines
· Adult Recognition Awards-start thinking now who you would like to nominate for one of these awards.
If you were unable to pick up your packet, you can at the next Service Unit Meeting or by contacting Jennifer Kolis.
2012. Saturday November 3.
9:30 am – 3 pm. at
· Human Interest story needed: How has Girl Scouts impacted you?
The service unit meeting was adjourned by Victoria Franklin.
Next meeting: Oct. 4, 2012 Rain or Shine at Carmen Dressler’s House,
5186 W. Stone’s Crossing.
Fourth Annual Leader Pitch-In. Babysitting available.
Submitted by Julie Mick, CGSU Secretary
CGSU’S FUTURE EVENTS CALENDAR TO HELP YOU PLAN 2012-2013
Check the www.centergrovegirlscouts.com website for more details and registration information. Keep watching for updates!
6: CENTER GROVE SERVICE UNIT MEETING
26: Fall Product Training and packet pick-up.
4: CENTER GROVE SERVICE UNIT MEETING: 7 pm. @ Carmen Dressler’s House
5: MS / HS Older Girl Movie Night
TBD: Leader 101 for ideas, set up, etc for leaders
Sup-n-sing, coordinated by Elizabeth Acker’s and
1: CENTER GROVE SERVICE UNIT MEETING
3: Council’s Kaleidoscope
17: Mother-Daughter Bunco- coordinated by Devon Moore’s troop http://centergrovegirlscouts.com/Bunco.htm
6: CENTER GROVE SERVICE UNIT MEETING
TBD: Pancake Breakfast –coordinated by Lori Veshia’s troop
3: CENTER GROVE SERVICE UNIT MEETING
4: Cookie Rally – coordinated by Michelle Strauch’s troop #879
Ski Trip to
TBD: Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador Winter Jam -- coordinated by Laura Stafford’s troop
7: CENTER GROVE SERVICE UNIT MEETING
TBD: Father / Daughter Dance –coordinated by Julie Franklin’s troop
23: Thinking Day (start planning / working on in Jan) coordinated by troop 740
7: CENTER GROVE SERVICE UNIT MEETING
11: CENTER GROVE SERVICE UNIT MEETING
Council’s Scouting for
TBD: She & Me Tea- coordinated by Denise Robert’s troop
2: LEADER DINNER / CASH IN DAISY $$
TBD: Camporee – Coordinated by Elizabeth Acker’s troop
TBD: Bridging Ceremony- coordinated by Barb Yeager’s troop
TBD: Council’s Girls of Distinction Banquet
www.centergrovegirlscouts.com: Check out the CGSU website for all of the options available: read the minutes from the meetings, contacts for leaders, calendar of events, fliers for events, new leader info, ideas for various age groups, ceremonies, field trips, overnight trips, and so much more
GIRL SCOUT STRUCTURE:
1: Girl Scouts of the
2: Girl Scouts of
Central Indiana (GSCI) -our council-this encompasses service units in
3: Cheryl Curry- Central
Grove Service Unit (CGSU)-this includes all troops from the
The Service Unit team this year:
Victoria Franklin: Chair email@example.com
Brenda Drake: Co-Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Stafford: Treasurer email@example.com
Julie Mick: Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Kolis: Registrar email@example.com
5: Community Troop Organizers (a.k.a. School Organizers) or (CTO) -they are responsible for recruiting and placing girls, and adults in GS troops in the Center Grove schools. The CTO’s this year are:
Center Grove High School-Laura Stafford firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School Central – Victoria Franklin - email@example.com
Middle School North – Victoria Franklin - firstname.lastname@example.org